September 13, 2018

TGIFF - Drawstring Bag

Hello and welcome to TGIFF! Today I'm sharing a finish that was actually made over the summer, but I never got around to sharing it until now 😊

A few years ago, I made a drawstring bag for one of the boys I was then babysitting to carry the paraphernalia for his cochlear implants. Over the summer his mom (who is also my friend) asked if I could make him a replacement since the old one was starting to look worn after years of constant use.

I knew I had nothing in my stash that was school age boy appropriate, so off I went fabric shopping. Oh, darn, right? I picked out these planes, which I love, and the coordinating Northcott red solid for the inside of the bag.
airplane fabric | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I used Jeni B.'s lined drawstring bag tutorial and I think the whole thing only took me a morning to make. I chose to make the outside of the bag using only the planes fabric so the planes could really shine. I think the bright red drawstrings are fun, too.
Drawstring bag | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Drawstring bag | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I love the red lining the bag, too.
drawstring bag | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I'm thinking he won't outgrow the planes before the bag starts looking worn like the old one did. Of course, if he does, I could always make him another one!

Now it's your turn! What have you finished lately? Link it up so we can all celebrate with you and don't forget to visit some of the others links, too. The party is always better when there's some socializing happening 😊

I'll be away this weekend, but I'll be sure to check out all of your finishes early next week. Have a great weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Today I finished eating the butter tarts and finished filling 4 blue bins and one garbage bag and even got someone else to take it out. I am off to Upper Canada Village for a quilt show and I am going by train. Lucky me. I plan to do some serious stitching o the 6 hour ride each way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute bag, especially with the planes! I love seeing these drawstring bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet bag, and heck, I love the airplane fabric (so I doubt he'll really outgrow it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anja has made a bunch of those of Jeni's tutorial. Yours is perfect for him and I love that red pop of lining too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cute bag. I know he will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.