August 06, 2018

The Start of Two Fun Things

There are two fun things starting today that I wanted to quickly share with you. The first is an Island Batik blog hop sharing all of their newest fabrics that are just becoming available in stores now.
From Island Batik:

Aaaah the great outdoors. We’re seeing more and more research that says spending time outside is good for your mental health. A lot like quilting, in that way! ;) So, on those days when it’s just too hot to fire up the iron and sewing machine, we stay get outside and have fun walking, tending to your garden, or just basking in the glorious (hot) sun!

The great outdoors are what inspired the this hop’s theme. Throughout the month of August, our Ambassadors will be featuring Island Batik’s newest fabrics, appearing on shop shelves SOON! See something you like? Ask for it at your local quilt shop, or request it if you don’t yet see it. We have the most delicious collections to share with you!


For the full schedule of participants, click here. The ambassadors are a talented group, so I highly recommend checking out what they've all made.

I'll be back on Friday with my project for the hop 😊

The other thing that starts today is 100hexies100days2018, on Instagram. I participated in this challenge last year and had so much fun making and sharing hexies. The idea is to make at least 1 EPP hexie every day for 100 days and there are weekly themes and prizes. I'm the prize sponsor for this first week with the theme of All About Me. If you like hexies and you're on IG, you should join in! The hexie makers are all so supportive and welcoming, which makes it extra fun.

Here are my first hexies, along with some of the strawberries I picked this afternoon.
Hexies | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
During last year's hexie challenge, I made 429 hexies for my Hexie Rainbow quilt. We'll see how many I make this time around 😊 I still need hundreds of black hexies plus some greens, blues and purples, so I'll probably still need more even after the challenge is finished.

Do you know of anything fun that's just getting started? Share in the comments if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.