April 18, 2018

30 Quilt Designs Challenge 2018

Sandra, at Musings of a Menopausal Melon, hosted the #30quiltdesignschallenge2018 on Instagram, which has just finished up. I had a blast participating again and my to-make list is lots longer than it was before we started, lol.

Not only that, but some of the quilts are already finished or in progress 😊 The doll quilts I made a few weeks ago were design #8, and my April Island Batik challenge quilt is design #15. That one just needs binding and then I'll be able to share the finished quilt. I also have all the fabric I need for design #3, which is scheduled for an upcoming issue of Make Modern magazine, so I won't share the picture here. Last, but not least, my plan for my June Island Batik challenge quilt is to use design #16, though it won't be in these colours.
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
Here are some of my other favourites from the challenge. If you see one you think I should make and write the pattern for, be sure to let me know!

This was design #30, which reminds me of sunflower fields.
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
 Design #2 - Boxed In
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
Design #28. I see this one made with recycled jeans for the strippy squares. I have dozens of pairs of old jeans stuck in a closet, so I could easily make a few of these!
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I love this design, #27, which I nicknamed A Million Pieces, because it looks like that's what it would take to make it!
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
A huge thank you to Sandra for hosting the challenge and to the sponsors Clinton Modern Creative and The Red Hen Shop

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a whole bunch of quilts to fit into my schedule, somehow 😊

4 comments:

  1. Great Designs. I really love # 28 and #27. I hope you make them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think you need to make A Million Pieces (and the rest of them, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs. Good luck with all the makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are surrounded by sunflower fields in France, that might be why I love Design 30!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.