January 19, 2017

30 Design Challenge 2017

When Rachel at Stitched in Color did her 30 quilt designs challenge, I had a lot of fun and created some fun designs that I can't wait to make. You can see some of those designs in this post and more in this post. I've actually already made one of the designs, which I'll be able to share in the spring.

I found it really helpful to be designing most days and I found that spending so much time designing really kept me thinking about possibilities even when I wasn't actually sitting at my computer. So, when Sandra (Musings of a Menopausal Melon) and Lisa (Sunlight in Winter Quilts) decided to start a second challenge based on the first one, I jumped right in again. You can get all the details in Sandra's introductory post.

So far I've created 7 designs and they're all very different. My first design was based on origami ninja stars that Nathan was making over and over and over again.
Ninja Stars quilt design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
This design was inspired by the tracks left by vehicles driving on the snowy highway. I think it would be a lot of fun made with an abundance of scraps.
Tracks Quilt Design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I find the interactions between the fabrics in this next design very interesting. Each colour is used in two rows (one right above the other) and they seem very different depending on the colour they are paired with. Ignore the one white triangle...it's coloured on EQ7, but for some reason when I exported the picture it turned white.
Triangle Quilt Design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I really love this last design, Cross-stitch Heart. I wish I had time to make it before Valentine's Day. Maybe for next year...
Cross-stitch heart quilt design | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
As an unexpected bonus, I've also won a prize from the challenge's sponsor, The Red Hen Shop! Now to decide how to spend my winnings 😊

Have you ever participated in a design challenge? Or a challenge of any kind? Did you enjoy it?

3 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous Leanne! Congratulations on winning that well deserved prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your designs. That cross stitch heart is pretty awesome. I can just imagine your pretty quilting in all the open space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great designs. I like how the colours repeat in the triangle one. I thought the white one was a design choice. LOL Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.