May 27, 2015

Psalm 19 Mini - Finished!

I finally finished my second Psalm 19 mini quilt!
I made this for Gail, who blogs at Notion Nanny, as a Craft it Forward gift. My first Psalm 19 Mini Quilt is available in my Etsy shop.

I did very simple quilting in the center since I wanted the embroidery to be the focus. I stitched in the ditch and outlined each flower, then echo quilted once around each flower.
The rest of the quilting shows up much better on the back. Loops in the inner border and wishbones in the black border were quick to stitch, and I'm really pleased with how it looks with the red strips of fabric I used to stretch the backing fabric I had on hand. A couple of hanging triangles in the corners and it was finally finished!
This is my second finish for this quarter of the Finish-a-Long (the first was Renee's quilt). Hmmm, only two of five...I guess I better get sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Nice choice of colors! And what lovely embroidery too. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift. I enjoyed seeing your work glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's lovely, what a gorgeous mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini quilt. Good choice of verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your figure-eight quilting! It's so nice and even -- and the perfect finishing touch to this lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.