January 26, 2014

My first-ever solids

This lovely rainbow arrived in our mailbox this week. Aren't they beautiful? This is the bundle I won from the last quarter of the Finish-A-Long  2013, courtesy of Sew Sisters Quilt Shop.

I haven't made a solids quilt yet, though I've been considering it for a while. So now I get to figure out what I want to do with these. And what other solids I'll need to round out any quilt plans I come up with, of course!

Any tips for picking patterns to make with solids?

I'm linking up with Sunday Stash today.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric bundle have fun deciding what to do with them!

    Thanks for linking up to New to Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric bundle have fun deciding what to do with them!

    Thanks for linking up to New to Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look fabby, Leanne - have never sewn just solids myself so can't advise but if you Google 'Kona Blog Hop' there's a lot of quilters sewing solids at the moment and I'm sure they'll inspire you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great prize but like you I don't use solids. It can be exciting figuring out how to use new fabrics. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Cheers Paquline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty rainbow colours, I to, do not use solids. I think you will have fun investigating ways of utilising these pretties, cannot wait to see what you arrive at :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bundle!! Anything that is really graphic is great for solids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love solids! I like them lots in patterns that don't depend on the texture of the print to make them shine. I don't really know of one off the top of my head, but if I see one, I'll ping you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.