January 16, 2018

Divided Quilt Pattern Release

I am pleased to release my Divided quilt pattern today! It is made with one simple, machine appliqued, orange peel block and finishes at 52" x 70", perfect for snuggling on the couch with a good book or movie.

This design was inspired by the shirt a man wore to church one Sunday morning, which proves that quilting inspiration really is everywhere!
Divided Quilt Pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I had a lot of fun making this quilt, even though I made it in only 9 days while also working full time. The power of deadlines, lol 😊 I made it with Me + You fabrics from their Indah batiks and solids and I really love the feel of the fabrics. Plus, since it's lightly quilted (that deadline was looming!), it stayed super soft and drapey.
Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
Divided was first published in Quilty magazine and the editors wanted to see it with different colours for the stripe, so I thought I'd share them here too. I have to admit, I wasn't sold on the black when that was what they chose. I thought it looked a little bland without the pop of a bright colour in the stripe. In the end, though, I really love the elegant look of the black 😊
Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

Divided quilt pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com

You can get your copy of Divided in my Payhip shop or my Etsy shop.

Tell me, what colours would you use for the quilt? Would you go with a bright, contrasting, pop of colour for the stripe?

Get your copy of Divided

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the pattern release! I know what you mean about not necessarily being in love with the colorway a magazine selects, but it can definitely grow on you over time. And quilt inspiration is everywhere for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I would have chosen pop of colour, but with the other colours you used, I think the black works best. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new pattern Leanne. I can just imagine you sitting behind that man in church working out how to reinterpret his shirt as a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a wonderful pattern and a beautiful finish! I love every version of the quilt you shared in this post. Just goes to show you how versatile this pattern really is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This is a great design and full of color possibilities! I would for sure add a bright pop of color to that strip...maybe even give it an ombre or rainbow treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt! I love your original - the backing is great with all the fabrics! The other versions look amazing too! I love how the lighter batiks seem to glow in all of the quilts! Congrats on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your pattern! I like yours version the best, as you said it's elegant. Nice combo in general. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely pattern!! I've got to say that as much as I love bold color... I have to got with the editors on this one. The classic look of the black stripe fits the pattern perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.