March 09, 2017

30 Quilt Designs Challenge

The 30 Quilt Designs Challenge is coming to an end and it has been a lot of fun to keep myself designing regularly and to see what everyone else has come up with. Thanks to Sandra (Musings of a Menopausal Melon) and Lisa (Sunlight in Winter Quilts) for hosting and to Melody (The Red Hen Shop) for sponsoring. If you want to check out all the designs, you can see them all here. There are some great designs there!

I still have one design to go, but I think I'll manage to get it in before the March 15th deadline. You can see some of my designs from early in the challenge here and today I'm sharing some of the later ones.

I wanted to play with an Irish Chain-like design and Asymmetrical Stars is the result. I love the dark background and the asymmetrical setting.
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
You'll have to use your imagination a little for this design 😊 I wanted those big stripes dividing the quilt, but I couldn't figure out how to make EQ7 let me draw it. I ended up drawing the bottom row as a block, but then the program wouldn't let me put blocks in those squares. So, just pretend all of those blank squares have stars too, okay?
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I'm calling this one Scraps Squared and it is definitely on the to-make list. Actually, I've been making single-colour 4 patches as leaders and enders for quite a while so I have more than I need to make this quilt. I just need to get some black and I could start assembling blocks as leaders and enders.

Edited to say the Scraps Squared pattern is available in my Etsy shop! Click to get it as a PDF or a printed pattern.
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
And this one may well be my favourite design of the whole challenge. I've wanted to make a medallion for a long time, but I don't like most of the medallion designs I see. I find they tend to look too crazy and cluttered. I designed this one with lots of negative space included to give each of the different borders room to breathe. This is on the to-make list as well 😊

Edited to say the Medallion Magic pattern is also available in my Etsy shop as a PDF or a printed pattern.
Quilt designs | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
I've already pulled fabric for one design from the challenge and I have another one about half pieced (and I looooove it!). There will be more information about them soon 😊 Secret sewing is hard, but if you want little sneak peeks you can follow me on Instagram - I'm @devotedquilter and I share lots of peeks at what I'm working on.

Well, thanks to these two design challenges, I now have more quilts I want to make than I'll ever have time for, but I'm sure having fun trying to make them all!

3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous designs!!! I love the Asymmetrical Stars and the 4 patch quilt just glows! can't wait to see your finished versions. thank you for mentioning my shop. Happy Sewing from Iowa/ The Red Hen Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liking your scraps squared and can see that in quilt form in my imagination already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your designs look fresh and fun. I especially like your medallion with room for the eyes to rest and a rectangular design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.