December 01, 2015

Finished Flower Box Mini Quilt and Pattern Release

I am so excited to share my finished Flower Box mini quilt, and to release the pattern today!
This is my third finish for this quarter of the Finish-a-Long, though it's the first one I've been able to share. The others will get their turn soon, I promise!
I debated for a while what to quilt around the flowers. I went back and forth between stippling and a mix of pebbles and swirls. I've done the stippling before, on the Flower Box cushion I made, so I decided to do the pebbles and swirls this time around. I'm so glad I did! I love the movement, and the interest it adds to the background, without overpowering the flowers.

It took me a while to figure out what to quilt in the black triangles too. Once I found a design I liked, on Pinterest, I drew it a total of four times on paper before jumping right into the quilting. Hmmm...I might have been better off practicing a little more. The stitching isn't quite as neat as I would have liked, but I do really like the design. It hardly shows up on the front, but it really shows up on the back!
I love how the black quilting looks kind of like lace.
The center of the quilt

 I left the flowers unquilted, and I love how they puff up from the heavily quilted background.
 This is the third label from my gigantic roll of labels from Finer Ribbon. Only 997 left!
Flower Box Mini Quilt Pattern | DevotedQuilter.blogspot.com
 The pattern is now available from my Payhip and Etsy shops. The pattern includes instructions for the 24" x 24" mini quilt, (which is the perfect size for a mini quilt swap or a quick gift!) and instructions for finishing one 12" block as a cushion. Here's a picture of the cushion I made a few months ago.
If you make a Flower Box mini quilt or cushion, I'd love to see it! You can email a picture or blog post link to devotedquilter at gmail dot com or tag me on Instagram (@devotedquilter).

10 comments:

  1. The quilting you chose for the mini quilt is perfect, Leanne! Congratulations on a finish and pattern release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting! It looks amazing. Congratulations on the finish and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting looks awesome!! Definitely the right choice :) Congrats on the pattern release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and I love the quilting! What a fun pattern that would be fun to play with...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the release of your pattern! I love how the fun filler lets the flowers pop off the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your quilting design is beautiful. It does look like lace! I aspire to do a decent pebble..... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you are some amazing quilt Leanne! i really love how you did the diamon shaped spaces and the way you filled in around the petals - brilliant! A beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your background quilting! What a beautiful design and finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message. I love hearing from you.