I am starting to get caught up again with my BOM sewing. I started with Amy Gibson's August block. At least, I tried to. Here is Amy's block.
Sticking with my blues and cream/tan colour scheme, I used one blue batik and two cream backgrounds.
Do you see my mistake? Somehow I didn't notice that I had all four corner pieces turned the wrong way, a mistake that completely changes the look of the block. Gone is the plus shape, and in its place I have a square.
Fortunately, I like the new look, so I'm leaving it as is. I am probably going to make another version sometime, following the pattern properly, of course!
For this pattern, all 20 HST units were made slightly bigger than needed, then trimmed to size. I will admit I found the trimming to be incredibly tedious, but it sure does produce accurate results. I've never seen so many perfect points in one of my blocks. Tedious, but worth it.
I am linking up today with Lee at Freshly Pieced and at Quilt Story.